I don't know about your children, but my eldest is terrible when it comes to eating her sandwiches - even when she picks the fillings out herself!
Anyhow, at a friend's BBQ the other week, they had a yummy vegetable slice there which Levi devoured and I also enjoyed. When asked about the recipe, my friend just said that she had altered a zucchini slice recipe by adding more vegies.
So home I went, and had a play with a variation on my favourite zucchini slice recipe, and here it is...
1 cup S.R flour
1 zucchini, grated
2 carrots, grated
5 button mushrooms, finely sliced
2 teaspoons minced garlic
100g shaved ham, diced
1 cup grated cheese (I used Colby but you could use Tasty or Parmesan)
1/4 cup light olive oil
1. Preheat oven to 160 degrees.
2. Grease a 30cm x 20cm tin.
3. Beat eggs.
4. Add flour and beat until smooth.
5. Add zucchini, carrot, mushrooms, garlic, ham, cheese and oil.
6. Combine well.
7. Pour into dish and spread evenly.
8. Bake in oven until golden.
9. Serve warm or refrigerate for eating later.
So this has been Alannah's new lunchbox filler, instead of her sandwich, and she's loving it!