Thursday, March 31, 2011

My Creative Space : Lego Party Planning

(Invites bought from here and edited by DQ as it's not a birthday party)

This weekend we are throwing Jude a little lego party. So today is about food and finishing off the goodie bags.

We've gone with non-traditional lego colours of blue and orange, for something different. And have a few cute games lined up.


I'm hoping to make some cakes that look similar to this...


And I would love to know how to make cupcakes that look like these ones...


There is also lego styled pizza and lego marshmallow pops to be made, as well as a fruit platter...just in case the boys feel like something a bit healthier, but hey, it's a party :-P

My sister and nephew arrive today from interstate, and I can't wait to spend some time just hanging out with them, as it's been quite a few months since we've seen each other. And Jude is so happy to be having his cousin Caden coming to his party.

It's going to be a good weekend.

Inspiration abounds in the creative spaces over at Kootoyoo.

14 comments:

  1. what a fab idea, and that cake is just brilliant!! Ok you should show a pregnant woman yummy treats like that ... now i must go and raid the larder!! hahahha

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm yet to have to plan my first kiddos party (there are some advantages to not knowing anyone hehe), I'm kind of scared of it to be honest, lego looks like a fabbo theme though, have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow a lego party is such a cool idea I'd never thought of that as a theme before. I love the lego block cakes, how cool it looks like the making of a fun party. I hope you all have a great day and enjoy spending time with your family.:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. How very cool! I'm not showing my boys, or one might decide they need a Lego Star Wars party next time around.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Have you seen the Lego pops on this site:
    http://www.livinglocurto.com/2010/06/lego-cake-pops/ lots of awesome ideas for parties full-stop :) Enjoy the party!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fun idea! Loving that lego cake! A friend of mine even had lego lollies at their wedding.
    Sophie x

    ReplyDelete
  7. how cool are those lego cakes, so good for the boys hey.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous theme! Every little boy I know would love to invited to a party like that!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love this idea. Very cool.
    We've got a party in the next couple of weeks.
    I've decided not to theme it, maybe next time!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What lucky little boys... who wouldn't want a lego party.

    ReplyDelete
  11. aww i do love myself a themed party. lego is a great theme. id love to do a playmobil themed party. got me thinking now....

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh, show me a boy, big or small, who doesn't have a soft spot for Lego. Great idea, hope it goes brilliantly.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hey Kel. great theme, we've thought about the lego party theme for a while now, but jack wanted a rock climbing theme this yr. :( Check out the sweetsugarbelle blog for amazing lego cookies super easy. And in stores like kitchen traders etc, you can pick up lego man moulds whick are great for jelly or chocolate men. Spotlight do yellow chocolate candy melts which would be great for the chocolate lego men. worth a look. Good luck with the party.

    ReplyDelete
  14. how cool! can my hubby come too? he also loves lego :) can't wait to see your pictures of how it came out!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by. I love reading your comments - they really warm my heart. So thank you!