Wednesday, July 13, 2011
The lovely Lamina from the 'Do A Bit' blog has passed on the 'Versatile Blogger Award' to me, which is just so sweet - thank you!
So basically now I'm suppose to write 10 things about myself, and then nominate a couple more bloggers to award this to...doesn't sound too tricky, right?
Ok, here goes...10 things....hmmmmm....
* Step by step, ooh baby, gonna get to you girl, Step by step, ooh baby, really want you in my world...Ok, that's enough now :-P So I used to be a HUGE, GINORMOUS New Kids On The Block fan. I think from about 10 - 12, everything was about New Kids, and of course, in particular, my favourite New Kid - Jordan. I even named my little dwarf rabbit after him - nothing obvious, of course, but his middle name 'Marcel' - yes, I was obsessed :-P
And just for old times sake..a video clip...c'mon, you know you want to watch it...he he..
* I'm originally from South Australia (and have the accent to prove it, apparently), a suburb called Mount Barker, in the Adelaide Hills. It used to be quaint and smallish, now's it been taken over in a major suburban sprawl, and isn't as lovely as it used to be, unfortunately. I think the real turning point for me was when they demolished the old farmhouse at the end of my parent's street for a new estate. I know things need to move on and up, but surely not at the cost of character?
* I followed my heart to Melbourne, when I was 19, and have been here ever since, and the man who held my heart then, still holds it now x
* The Mighty Datsun 120Y - my first car - $750, smurf blue, cow print seat covers - awesome!
* Current favourite CD's : Adele - both 19 & 21, Seeker Lover Keeper, Alanis Morrisette - Jagged Little Pill (a bit of reminiscing to this one), and I've just got the new Eddie Vedder CD but need to get some time to listen to it properly. I love music!
* I find Edward Monkton hilarious, sometimes sweet and definitely quirky....
* I've dabbled in so many crafts over the years - knitting, crochet, sewing, softies, scrapbooking, stamping, mosaics, embroidery, cross-stitch, painting and I'm sure there is more BUT I still want to learn screen-printing, quilting and cake decorating, and I really want to learn it soon.
* My hubby read me the entire 'Lord of The Rings' in our first year of marriage - isn't that sweet? And I promise I was awake for nearly all of it :-P
* Hello, my name is Kelly and I am addicted to Pinterest. It's been 18 hours, 22 minutes and 54 seconds since my last pin...he he
* I learnt the clarinet and the viola when I was a child/teen, and I wish I could remember how now.
My goodness, now that took me forever to think of 10 things :-P
Now here are a couple of versatile blogs I would love to support :
The Kooky Green Owl
Day to Day
Procrastinations of a Crafty Mum