Wednesday, July 6, 2011
Thought I'd share this yummy dish that I made on the weekend, when we had some lovely friends over for afternoon tea.
It's a combo of two different recipes.
1 cup S.R Flour
2/3 cup Plain Flour
150g Butter, chilled, cubed
3/4 cup Caster Sugar
1 Egg, lightly beaten
* Preheat oven to 180 degrees.
* Grease and line a 20cm springform pan.
* Combine flours and butter in a food processor.
* Process until mixture resembles fine bread crumbs.
* Add sugar and egg, and process until mixture just comes together.
* Press mixture into prepared pan, and refrigerate for 10 minutes, or until firm.
* Score shortcake into 8 wedges (don't cut all the way through).
* Bake for 25-30 minutes or until light golden.
Topping : Nigella Lawson's Balsamic Strawberry Puree
Approx 300g Strawberries
1 tablespoon Caster Sugar
Few drops of Balsamic Vinegar
400ml cream, whipped
* Crush about two thirds of the strawberries, with the caster sugar and vinegar.
* Slice the remaining strawberries.
* Once shortcake has cooled completely, smother the top in cream.
* Spoon the strawberry mixture over the centre.
* Finish off by decoratively placing sliced strawberries around the edge of the cake.
And ta da, a wonderful cake to share with friends!
Posted by Kelly Ingram at 4:13 PM