Thursday, May 10, 2012

Creative Space : Needle work

Today I am sewing on the finishing touches to my red moss stitch scarf, with a few left over doilies I found....



And I'm also trying to get the hang of using DPN's for this toy project I'm making. I have attempted the magic loop technique, and even though I can get the technique, my stitches are just too tight (even when I try to be loose!) to pull back up onto the needle.
So after a couple of frustrating evenings, I'm moving on to the DPN's, and am hoping these will work ok too.


Joining in with this week's creative spaces at it's new home.

Happy making!

xx

7 comments:

  1. Love the contrast of doilies on the red scarf, looks great.

    Good luck with the DPN's, I've never been able to get the hang of them.......

    Claire :}

    ReplyDelete
  2. The scarf looks really lovely with the doilies! The magic loop technique looks interesting I have done that yet... may have to investigate! hope it works out for you :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. well the scarf looks amazing and given i can't knit to save myself i envy anyone who tackles a knitting project!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can't DPN's be a pain? I have a love/hate relationship with mine. Your scarf looks pretty funky. The doily idea is random and cool.

    ReplyDelete
  5. the red of the scarf and the white of the doilies look fantastic! so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the look of the doilies on the scarf! What a clever idea!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by. I love reading your comments - they really warm my heart. So thank you!