These cookies don't last long in our place, and are a firm favourite for school lunchboxes.
Weeties & Chocolate Chip Cookies
125g Butter, chopped
1/2 cup Caster Sugar
1/2 teaspoon Vanilla Essence
1 cup Self-Raising Flour, sifted
2 cups Weeties (can be replaced with Cornflakes)
1/2 cup Chocolate pieces
1/4 cup Sultanas
1. Cream butter and sugar together in a large mixing bowl until light and fluffy.
2. Add egg and vanilla, beating well.
3. Fold flour into the butter mixture, then fold in weeties, chocolate pieces and sultanas.
4. Mix until well combined.
5. Drop walnut-sized portions of the mixture onto greased baking trays, leaving space between.
6. Bake in a moderate oven for 15-20 minutes or until golden.
7. Cool on trays for a few minutes before transferring to a wire cooling rack.
8. Store in an airtight container.
Makes approx 20-24 cookies.
Joining in with this week's 'Make: Grow: Thrift'.