Saturday, June 18, 2011

Musical Flashback

Just for fun, I thought I'd post a few favourites from my teen years (the mid 90's)...

'Last Goodbye' Jeff Buckley



'Buddy Holly' Weezer



'That's the way love goes' Janet Jackson



'Just a Girl' No Doubt



'Are you going to go my way' Lenny Kravitz



'Queer' Garbage



'Loser' Beck



'Coma' Max Sharam



'Mr Jones' Counting Crows



'Name' Goo Goo Dolls




Ooh there are so many good ones...I also love 'Disarm' by Smashing Pumpkins, 'No Rain' by Blind Melon', 'You Oughtta Know' by Alannis Morrisette and there are so many great Pearl Jam and Radiohead songs, I just couldn't pick one.

Actually I could really keep going and going - so many memories linked to many of these songs.

I think that's the thing about music, don't you?

The links in your brain to certain events, times, occasions, even if it was just hanging out with mates, can all be triggered by one song, one chorus, one beat. A time where responsibilities were minimal, and my biggest worry was what I was going to wear, and what colour to dye my hair :-P

I'm sure everyone has songs like this - songs from a particular era? or time in your life?

Do you?

I would love to hear about it.

Happy weekend!

xx

3 comments:

  1. Garbage - awesome. We thrashed that album. I was listening to Pearl Jam's Elderly Woman Behind the Counter in a Small Town the other day. Just felt like it :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh, yes, very good memories with that music :)
    funny how we can grow up on the opposite sides of this planet and have heard the same music growing up. our parents didn't let us watch music videos growing up though. so i only know few of them - those that we watched when our parents were out shopping, heheh...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great post... brings back some memories for me...Sigh... the 90's... So much fun :) I think I wasted SO much time deciding what to wear and getting ready to go out... hours and hours... these days it's 5 minutes and I'm out the door ha ha ha!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by. I love reading your comments - they really warm my heart. So thank you!