Thursday, June 9, 2011

Creative Space : A Stitch or Two

As mentioned in yesterday's post, I'm enjoying myself with a bit of stitching. This one is a 'Melly & Me' design, to be used in a sewing project - hopefully I'll have the finished project to show sooner, rather than later.


And here's one I prepared earlier.. :-P

This was started and finished on Sunday at The Daylesford Craft Experience. The original design is by Kristen Doran and is designed to become a brooch, BUT I quite like it in the hoop, and I think I might hang it on the wall, in my little craft nook.


Just one thing though - should I paint the frame or not? I'm leaning towards painting it red, as it really makes the design stand out, or I could just leave it raw...hmmmm...

Inspirational and creative blogs a-plenty over here.

xx

14 comments:

  1. What beautiful work... it looks really lovely! I like the natural frame... I think red may over power the delicate work a bit... :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your embroidery is so beautiful. Gorgeous design!:-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your embroidery is beautiful. I love it in the natural hoop frame. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree, it's gorgeous as a framed picture and I think the natural wood is perfect - toning well with the fabric. I think red is too much.

    I adore the design... I like doing doodles a bit like that and hadn't thought of embroidering them.. you've given me some food for thought there :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. They are both beautiful. Perhaps the natural is best as it doesn't detract from the embroidery. I am sure whatever you choose it'll look stunning on the wall.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Red red - paint it red. That would be cool I think!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your embroidery is just so lovely. I do like it against the red... a brickish red as I'm seeing on my screen looks marvellous. x

    ReplyDelete
  8. stunning Kelly, what a beautiful pattern!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous handwork! I do like the raw wood colour of the frame with the linen but I think the red would make it pop really well against a wall. I think the design in strong enough not to be overwhelmed by the red. Why not colour the frame red in photoshop first and see what you think?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely embroidery! I love a bit of colour, so I would say go the red frame!

    ReplyDelete
  11. what a lovely piece of artwork your finished embroidery in the hoop is.

    ReplyDelete
  12. beautiful embroidery, love the colours

    ReplyDelete
  13. I would agree that red might overpower the work a bit. How about a red embroidered border just inside the frame? I love the design, just gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I would paint it red....I think it would really make the center "pop"! But that;s just me...

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by. I love reading your comments - they really warm my heart. So thank you!