Thursday, June 30, 2011

Creative Space : Pop, Pop, Pop

So with the end of term comes children moving on to new schools, and with that, of course, comes parties and food requests.

This term end, both Jude and Lana had parties happening. Lana's was last week, while Jude's was today.

At Lana's request, I gave the popular 'Cake Pops' a go, a first try for me, and they worked out ok, and tasted amazing (so I was told by another mum :-P).


I read up on the 'how to' and as I had just spent the day at Ikea (laundry fit out shopping - yay!), I had no energy to really tackle the original recipe. Luckily for me, I had just read another blog with an ever-so-easy version, combining oreo cookies and cream cheese - you can find the recipe here.
Then I just melted some dark chocolate, coated the pops and decorated with purple sprinkles, at the request of Alannah (purple is apparently her friend's favourite colour).

For Jude's party food, I went with the ever-popular but ever-standard cupcakes. A buttercake base with chocolate buttercream icing & sprinkles.


Unfortunately there are leftovers of these :-P

More crafty & creative spaces over here..Link

10 comments:

  1. Those cake pops have me intrigued!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, man! My mouth is watering and I have no baking or chocolate in the house!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd never heard of cake pops before! They look delicious. As do the cupcakes. I am having serious chocolate cravings now!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooohhh...I want to try a Cake Pop! I will have to keep these in mind for my next kid party :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mmmm cake pops. I have yet to try those. I would never have guessed that they were your first go round.
    xo jana

    ReplyDelete
  6. yum yum yummers! i looooooove cake pops!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by. I love reading your comments - they really warm my heart. So thank you!