I have a sweet tooth.
I don't deny it, but I do try and bury it as much as possible (you know, watching my weight, and all that jazz :-P) but when my Dad emailed me this fudge recipe he'd found, I just had to try it out...
And....oh my goodness....was it scrumptious!
And just so I'm not alone in my indulgence, here is the recipe...
1 1/2 cups rich brown sugar
2 tablespoons golden syrup
395g can condensed milk
180g white cooking chocolate, coarsely chopped
1/2 cup shelled, unsalted pistachio nuts (optional)
* Line a 28cm x 18cm x 3cm pan with foil.
* Melt butter in large saucepan.
* Add brown sugar, golden syrup and condensed milk, stir over medium heat until boiling.
* Lower heat and cook, stirring for 10 minutes.
* Remove from heat and add chocolate, stir until smooth.
* The fudge will start to set quite quickly, so immediately stir in the nuts and pour into prepared
pan, then spread evenly with the back of a spoon.
* Allow to cool at room temperature for 30 mins, then refrigerate until firm.
* Cut into small pieces - makes about 40 pieces.
Other variations :
* Swap white chocolate for milk chocolate, and add some Kahlua (or a liquer of your choice)
* Swap white chocolate for dark chocolate, and add some peppermint or orange essence
Recipe from Bundaberg Sugar.