The ever yummy, super scrumptious and maybe not-too-bad for you (I mean, it has vegetables in it, surely that has to help :-P)....
Sour Cream Carrot Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting
You will need :
1 cup Wholemeal Self-Raising Flour
1 cup Plain Flour
1 tsp Bi-Carb of Soda.
2 tsp Cinnamon
2 tsp Nutmeg
1 cup Raw Sugar
1 cup Vegetable or Sunflower Oil
1/2 cup Sour Cream
3 cups grated Carrot
Then you :
* Preheat oven to 180
* Sift flours, soda, cinnamon and nutmeg into a large bowl.
* Add sugar and oil and mix well.
* Put eggs and sour cream into a separate bowl and beat well.
* Add to the flour mixture and mix until smooth.
* Add carrot and mix well.
* Pour into a greased cake tin (my preference is for a high round cake but you can divide between two loaf pans - up to you!)
* Place on centre rack of oven and cook for approx 45 minutes (checking regularly after 30 minute mark or slightly earlier if using two loaf tins)
* When cooked, stand a few minutes then turn onto a wire rack to cool.
* Top with cream cheese frosting (recipe below)
Cream Cheese Frosting
120g packet Cream Cheese
60g Butter, softened
2 tsp grated Lemon Rind
2 cups Pure Icing Sugar
* Beat cheese, butter and lemon until smooth.
* Gradually beat in sifted icing sugar.
Linking up with this week's Make : Grow : Thrift.