Thursday, March 8, 2012

Creative Space : Critters & Crochet


Making up a couple of super cute boys urban hoodies in this funky little critter design. My sis, Dan, bought this fabric with Levi in mind, and it's just so adorable, that I just had to make him a little hoodie from it.
Not sure who the other hoodie is for (it's a size 2 also)....it might end up in the shop.


Aren't these critters just the spunkiest? 


And after seeing a few bloggers (particularly here and here) get creative with their crochet hooks and knitting needles, making the most sweetest little softies/amigurumis, I just had to pull my hook out and start on something cute, and this owl made the cut.

I really want to give the Dangercrafts pattern of 'Penelope the empathetic monster' a go, but I'm a little hesitant as I've never knitted the three needle technique - should I be nervous? Or is it not too hard to pick up?

Linking up with the lovely creative people over here.

xxx

5 comments:

  1. LOVE the little critters fabric... definately needed to be a hoodie :)

    I love crocheting and knitting little animals... it's so quick, easy and cute! Good luck with yours!

    ps. thanks for the little link :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute! Can't wait to see the little penguin finished!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the little penguin, so cute : )

    ReplyDelete
  4. We just made a couple of the owls and a few of the other animals in the same book. They're really quite fun to make and border on being addictive.

    ReplyDelete
  5. that should be fun! can't wait to see them done!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by. I love reading your comments - they really warm my heart. So thank you!