Monday, March 19, 2012

The Bar Stool Debacle


So this is how the story goes...

I fell in love with these stools
I pinned these stools to my 'home decor' pin board (of course :-P)
I finally, FINALLY committed and bought 3
I travelled the 40 minutes to pick them up
I got them home
I unravelled, unwrapped and generally unpacked them (required assembly - base & seats)
First blip - 2 out of 3 of the bases were faulty
Second blip - I had been given two dining chair seats instead of bar stool seats
Third blip - the measurements on the website were a little off (making the room between the bench and stool very, VERY squishy)
One friendly but disappointed phone call to the shop
Another 1 1/2 hour round trip to drop them off and receive refund today
Now back to searching for another 'perfect for me' bar stool or three
Sigh....

On a more positive note I've had a little blogging break, but am now back to it, so I shall have something to share very soon.

I hope you have a debacle free week!

xxx

3 comments:

  1. Wah! I'm like this with stuff. It takes me ages to find the 'right' piece. It's so disappointing for you, Kelly. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. pooo stinky !!! But very impressed that you kept it together and remained friendly!

    ReplyDelete
  3. they look really nice. but hey, if they don't work they don't work!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by. I love reading your comments - they really warm my heart. So thank you!