Wednesday, October 19, 2011
Lemon butter is a favourite around here.
Here is the recipe I followed, originally from here :
3/4 cup sugar
1/2 cup lemon juice
2 teaspoons finely grated lemon rind
125g chopped butter
* Place eggs and sugar into a heatproof bowl
* Place bowl over a pan of barely simmering water and whisk constantly until sugar has dissolved.
* Add lemon juice, lemon rind and butter.
* Whisk mixture for 20 minutes until smooth and the butter has melted and thickened enough to coat the spoon. Do not allow the mixture to boil as it will curdle.
* Pour warm mixture into sterilised jars and seal.
Makes approx 2 cups.
Posted by Kelly Ingram at 7:51 AM