Monday, February 14, 2011

Not-Too-Naughty Pear & Choc Chip Muffins


These are proving a real hit with my family, and they don't have too many naughty ingredients, so are great for school snacks too.

Makes 12 Muffins

Ingredients :
240g Wholemeal Self-Raising Flour
1 tablespoon Baking Powder
1 teaspoon Vanilla Essence
1 Egg
80ml Honey
125ml Light Olive Oil
250ml Low Fat Milk
190g Diced Pear
1/2 cup Dark Chocolate Chips (can be replaced with Carob chocolate if you want to be really healthy :-P)

Method :
1. Preheat oven to 180 degrees. Prepare muffin tray with muffin cases.
2. Mix flour and baking powder.
3. In another bowl, whisk liquid ingredients until well combined.
4. Add flour mixture to liquid ingredients and combine.
5. Fold in pear and choc chips.
6. Spoon mixture into cases and bake for 20-30 minutes until risen and golden brown.
7. Cool before serving.


Yum!

Happy baking!

xx

P.S - Playing along with 'Sweets for Saturday' over on Lisa's blog - loads of recipes being shared on there - come check it out!

3 comments:

  1. Yum, those look good. The healthy fruit balances out the chocolate, right? I have a sweet treat linky party that's going on at my blog until Monday evening and I'd like to invite you to stop by and link your muffins up. http://sweet-as-sugar-cookies.blogspot.com/2011/02/sweets-for-saturday-4.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. i've never had pear in my muffins. sounds delicious. oh, and the melted chocolate on the second picture looks irresistible!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OHHHHHHH I love these! I'm adding the link to my recipes page :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by. I love reading your comments - they really warm my heart. So thank you!