Monday, February 14, 2011
These are proving a real hit with my family, and they don't have too many naughty ingredients, so are great for school snacks too.
Makes 12 Muffins
240g Wholemeal Self-Raising Flour
1 tablespoon Baking Powder
1 teaspoon Vanilla Essence
125ml Light Olive Oil
250ml Low Fat Milk
190g Diced Pear
1/2 cup Dark Chocolate Chips (can be replaced with Carob chocolate if you want to be really healthy :-P)
1. Preheat oven to 180 degrees. Prepare muffin tray with muffin cases.
2. Mix flour and baking powder.
3. In another bowl, whisk liquid ingredients until well combined.
4. Add flour mixture to liquid ingredients and combine.
5. Fold in pear and choc chips.
6. Spoon mixture into cases and bake for 20-30 minutes until risen and golden brown.
7. Cool before serving.
P.S - Playing along with 'Sweets for Saturday' over on Lisa's blog - loads of recipes being shared on there - come check it out!
Posted by Kelly Ingram at 10:29 AM