Friday, June 4, 2010

Winter Warmers

With the coolness of winter now hitting us, nothing warms the belly like home-made soup and fresh bread rolls. I'm a big fan of pumpkin soup, but after a couple of batches, my family asked me to do a different variation of it. So I did a bit of googling, and stumbled upon this recipe :

Vanilla Pumpkin Soup

and it was very yummy! I have a bit of a soft spot for vanilla flavoured things (ie, fav drink - decaf vanilla latte) so this recipe really appealed to me.

So along with the soup, I also decided to give dinner rolls a go myself. And besides a couple of small errors on my part (sometimes multi-tasking is not my friend :-P) they turned out quite nice too - yay!
This week I also tried a slow cooker Chicken & Barley soup which my lovely friend Kate recommended, and that was fantastic. I'm really getting into the soup thing at the moment...can you tell?...he he

What winter soups do you love? Please feel free to share any recipe links. I know I would really appreciate it!

4 comments:

  1. looks yum chick....very adventurous of you to make the rolls! Would share links, but I make mine up as I go along! C x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh that chicken and barley one sound yum, can you share the recipe?
    I also love pumpkin soup and will be cooking it for my family this weekend. I also love potato and leek, cauliflower, and chicken noodle.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had a fantastic soup the other day from Maggie Beer, a sweet potato, pear, and ginger soup. Loved it!! I need some one to work out how to make it, any ideas?

    ReplyDelete
  4. that pumpkin soup pic makes my mouth water... "unfortunately" it's the middle of summer here ;-p

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by. I love reading your comments - they really warm my heart. So thank you!