Saturday, January 3, 2009

House Progress - 29th Dec 08 - 1st Jan 2009

The extension is moving along nicely. Something that has been discovered though, is that our current living area is completely un-level (about 10cm out in one corner which is a very 'hills cottage' standard..he he) and to level it up with the new 'very level' extension, nearly the whole living area has to come down so that the big window doesn't crack with the movement - so ceiling and walls will go, at the same time I lose my kitchen ceiling and walls too, so we'll be living al fresco..lol...should be an interesting experience! Fortunately it looks like some warm weather is heading our way :-P

Ok, onto some photos :

29th December : Bracing in and attaching joists around the stairwell. Bit tricky.

Floor joists all in place.

Web Blocking finished - perfectly straight - proud moment for Roh...

1st Jan 2009 : Roh nailing in some flooring sheets on the first floor, between rain showers.

Flooring finished on the first level - woo hoo!!

View from bottom of house - finished frame and flooring.

So today, Roh is off to get some plumbing stuff to do the sub-floor plumbing, and then we are up for an inspection - yay!!

2009 - will take me a few more days to get used to writing the date with an '09' on the end, as it does every year. Should be a fantastic year - Lana starts school, Jude starts kinder, a new niece or nephew is due in July, our house will hopefully be finished, Roh has work, I have work and we are all currently happy and healthy - it's a good start :-)
I received a really nice slide show in my inbox on NY day, and I just wanted to share a couple of thoughts from it, that gave me something to think about :
"Take into account that great love and great achievements involve great risk...just live your dream"
"A loving atmosphere in your home is the foundation for your life" (love this one!)
"Open your arms to change, but don't give up your values"
Hmm, all good points I think :-)

I've got some super cute photos of Jude in his new super hero cape & mask to share (he adores it Dan!), but might leave that for another post - this one is already quite full!

K x

1 comment:

  1. Its so great to see your house finaly starting to expand. You'v been wating a long time.I can't belive how fast Rohan has put it all together, Very impresive!!Luv Mel

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by. I love reading your comments - they really warm my heart. So thank you!