Thursday, January 1, 2009

Some Scrappy News

First up, I am super excited as my very first magazine cover project has just come out. The January 09 issue of For Keeps Creative Paper has my 5 projects on it, based around a friendship theme, using lots of Sassafras Lass, with a bit of Buzz & Bloom, SEI and Scrapware in there too. Anyhow, it's very exciting for me, and I wanted to share :-)

Also in this issue is the announcement of the new Elite Team. I'd just like to take this opportunity to congratulate the new girls - Mel Nunn, Janine Koczwara, Jo Carey and Catherine Pineda. I'm sure your year with For Keeps is going to be full of new challenges!

The Awards for Excellence were also announced too, and I was very happy to see some scrappy friends in there - Big Hugs to Michelle, Jolene and Vita on your winning layouts - such stunning inspiration - Congrats ladies!

Here's another layout I finished using the masking/inking techniques learnt at the Heidi Swapp workshop. I got a little messy with the paint :-P


House progress is coming along well. Will do another post shortly with photos - Roh and his dad are finishing the first level floor today, if the rain stays away.

I'm off to re-locate my scrap desk to our bedroom - it sure is getting squeezy in there now - but it has to be done!

Enjoy the first day of 2009 and stay safe.

K xx

5 comments:

  1. hi kelly I love the cover project - congratulations!! it must be SO exciting. I cant wait to buy the mag!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy new year Kelly. The house is coming along nicely. Congrats on front cover...all your projects look fabulous.

    Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi kelly! Love the cover... Thanks for the congratulations, I was thrilled to be chosen. Have agreat New Year

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on the cover, Kel. Wow, you know pretty early. Thanks for my congrats.

    Love your Qtea layouts btw. Gorgeous stuff. And the house is looking good too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Kelly congrats on having so many projects showcased on the cover! They look fantastic!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by. I love reading your comments - they really warm my heart. So thank you!