Saturday, December 20, 2008

Layouts X 2

Ok, so not a very original title - sorry - brain isn't feeling expressive :-P

This first layout I finished off last week, playing with the new October Afternoon range, Night Light, which is so adorable and perfect, I think, for little boy layouts with little quirky monsters - so cute! This image isn't great - I scanned when I think I should've photographed - but oh well. The colours do work well, although this image doesn't really sell that point...lol...Photos were taken by DQ in October.


On Tuesday I went to the Heidi Swapp Create 08 workshop in Melbourne, and it was fantastic! Heidi is a very inspirational woman, whose honest and friendly demeanour made her so easy to like, and easy to learn from too. She is definitely one talented lady. Anyhow, I digress...the day was full on, as in 'don't scratch that itch or you will get behind', seriously it was that crazy busy all through-out the day BUT we did learn so much. My head has been full of ideas ever since and last night I sat down and played with my new distress inks (yup, new - I just had to get some, and because I have to have a good variety - I bought 6..he he) and masks. This is my first layout since the event, and my first solo attempt with the inks and masks. Another layout I probably should've photographed instead of scanned but again, oh well...lol...There is a little bit of bling on this layout which makes it look a bit better than this, but I am happy with my first attempt. I think there will probably be a few layouts like this coming up in the next few weeks - I already have another one planned in my head - so be warned...lol!!

Will update tomorrow with more house progress - yes, can you believe it?? MORE house progress. The ground floor (which will be the rumpus/family/guest room) has almost got the flooring down - woo hoo!!

Enjoy the rest of your Saturday!

K x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for stopping by. I love reading your comments - they really warm my heart. So thank you!