Monday, October 8, 2012

Oops! Too big, too big..


I'm not sure what I was thinking when I cut this dress out. It was meant for Alannah who is 9, but wears a girls size 12 (she's a tall one!) but I cut this out in a girls size 14.....oops!

I thought it may have been ok, but as soon as she tried it on - nope - just not going to work. Length was good, but sleeves/bodice/armholes are just too big.

Oh well...at least she has a nice summer dress for next year now...he he...live and learn.


 Now onto making her one that fits!

Made from Simplicity pattern #1895

xx

5 comments:

  1. Such a gorgeous... dress love that fabric! She could play dress ups in it for the next year :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely fabric, what a shame there is nothing you can do this year. I hope she'll wear it next year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous dress Kel, least you didnt do what I did on Miss M's last dress, woops! & made it a little short. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. hey, at least you didn't make it too small so nothing's lost! good for her, now she gets another one, heehee ;) the fabric is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sweet pattern and I love the fabric too Kelly! Saves you making another next year : )

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by. I love reading your comments - they really warm my heart. So thank you!