Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Repurposed : Men's Jacket to Boy's Vest

My friend is getting married in a few weeks (yay! I love weddings), and she's asked for my help with a few things.


The first thing she did, was give me this op-shopped mens jacket, from which she was hoping to have a vest made for her 2 year old son, to wear at the wedding. It has a rustic/vintage/handmade theme running through the wedding & it's decor, so it made sense to thrift & repurpose something.

And of course, there was more than enough fabric for the project.  And the vintage buttons were from my friend's late nan's button stash, which is so very special.


I had actually never made a boy's vest before, so that was a new challenge for me. And now that I have made one, with success, I see a few more vests on my making horizon!


And even better than having met the new challenge - my friend absolutely loved it, it fit and her son loved it too. Couldn't ask for a better result!

Next wedding projects to finish are various buntings, and a tie for her little man. Fun, fun!

xx

P.S - Joining in with another brand new blog link up over here..





5 comments:

  1. The vest looks amazing Kelly- you clever thing xxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very very cute!!! You did a great job! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a brilliant vest! One little man will look very very smart in it! X

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fantastic idea to use the men's jacket! An awesome looking vest Kelly.
    Thank you for playing along.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh it's just perfect. What a lovely job and gorgeous sentiment with the buttons.
    PS thank you for lovely comment on Lulu's quilt. The design is called feathers.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by. I love reading your comments - they really warm my heart. So thank you!